Tsvangirai has approve Copac: now there five questions for him to answer!
January 20, 2013 in Uncategorized
It would be interesting to hear whether MDC, particularly Tsvangirai himself, to clarify the following points:
1) Does MDC believe everything has been done to ensure the coming elections are be free and fair – all would be voters will be on the voters roll, there will be a free media and freedom of expression so the electorate will be well informed of all opposing points , etc, and most important of all free of all political violence?
2) If not, what needs to be done? (Last year MDC said it will get the agreed reforms implemented, have these been implemented? If not, will these still be implemented BEFORE the elections).
3) If Elections are NOT going to free and fair would MDC still recommend that the nation vote YES in the Copac referendum?
4) If the elections are not free and fair and therefore not a true reflection of the democratic will of the people; will MDC say the result shoud be accepted by the people, SADC and the international community?
5) Does MDC still believe the Copac constitution is a democratic constitution given that it is too weak to deliver such basic and fundamental rights as the free and fair elections and the right to life itself? (In other words by endorsing thsi Copac rubbish MDC betrayed the millions of Zimbabweans who risked all the Zanu PF intimidation, beatings and rape and the over 500 who lost their very lives to vote MDC into power?)