To be forewarned is to be forearmed: Mugabe has ruthless crashed Mujuru, a cde-in-arms, povo will get a lot worse!
November 25, 2014 in Uncategorized
Nothing could illustrate more graphically just how hopeless, powerless and helpless the ordinary person is in Mugabe’s Zimbabwe than the political machinations that have resulted in the political downfall of VP Mujuru and her supporters. One minute she is sizing her bum on the throne and the next minute, quick as a flash, she is being dragged by her bum in the gutter! What happened?
VP Mujuru was accused of many things, her principle accuser by Grace Mugabe, and let me say here and now that none of those charges made any sense in the context of Zanu PF. I will go through some of those:
- She was accused of being lazy: she is VP to a psych phonic tyrant and control freak who has never allowed anyone else chair a cabinet meeting all the many times he is out of the country. Like everyone else in his regime, the poor woman was not allowed to say, do or even touch anything!
- She was accused of being incompetent: Mugabe wanted her as his deputy precisely because she was not a full-shilling. Was not that the same reason he appointed Simon Muzenda, before her? She has been VP for a decade now and this had not come up until now? Nonsense!
- She was accused of being corrupt: of course she is corrupt and has been involved in corrupt activities for donkey years. He late husband was a billionaire in his own right and so is she; they did not make their fortune in one or two deals or over the last year but instead had their fingers in many pies, not just trading in illicit diamonds, over the last decades. She and her husband are not the only Zanu PF leaders who are corrupt.
Grace Mugabe has just hosted a $ 5 million wedding for their daughter Bona; Grace owes, by her own admission, the biggest dairy farm in the country; Mugabes live in a palatial mansion worth $ 20 million at least; etc. She does not expect the nation to believe that she made all her fortune from investing her former typist wages wisely.
What is heart-breaking about the ruling elite becoming multimillionaire and billionaires is that it is happening at a time total economic meltdown sending unemployment to soaring heights of 90% plus causing tragic human suffering. 16% or 2 million Zimbabweans are already living in abject poverty and the situation is getting worse with each day nothing is done to end this criminal waste of the nation’s resources through rampant corruption.
- Mai Mujuru is accused of wanting to be president: well what she is being accused of to be more precise is keeping her current post as VP which would have made her favourite to take over when Mugabe goes. Mnangagwa has been doing his uttermost to muscle in and so too has Grace herself. “Why can I not be president?” she asked in deadly earnest.
This was the cardinal sinner, Mai Mujuru was charged of, swiftly tried in a kangaroo court, found guilty and now, just as swiftly, is being punished. It is the way the whole process has been handled that sends a chill down every thinking Zimbabwean’s spine.
- When Mugabe accused Mujuru and others of plotting to kill him; that in Zanu PF dirty politics was a Fattah on all the plotters. Mugabe has once again elevated canvasing for political support into plotting to murder, just to stir up the murderous passions of Zanu PF thugs.
Hyenas roll in game dung to mask their scent for better hunting. When the hyena clan want to evict one member they pretend the target is game looking like a hyena to fool them and, of course, they will not be easily fooled. Mugabe has just soaked his political challengers in goat blood and the Zanu PF clan is baying for their blood.
There are a number of things that are worryingly wrong with the way Mai Mujuru and her faction supporters have been dealt with and chief amount them are:
- If a position is an elective position, how is one supposed to garner for support if no one is allowed to have followers?
- On what basis did Mugabe decide to call Mai Mujuru faction divisive and therefore not acceptable and not do the same with the Mnangagwa faction.
- Whatever Mujuru and her supporters had done they were surely entitled to be brought before a properly constituted disciplinary hearing and due process followed giving them a chance to defend themselves of the charges.
- The way one faction has carried out a campaign of intimidation to force elected officials belonging to Mujuru factions out of office smacks of the same tactics of intimidation and lawlessness that has become a hallmark of Zimbabwe’s elections.
- The way the politburo has been bullied into changing the party’s constitution to facilitate a desire electoral outcome for Mugabe is too symptomatic of what has happened repeatedly in national elections.
Mai Mujuru, Rugare Gumbo, Didymus Mutasa and many, many others are Zanu PF grandees of the party and not just ordinary card carrying members. If they are being treated so contemptuous without any consideration for their freedoms and basic human rights it is little wonder the ordinary Zimbabwean with even more contemptuous.
If Mugabe can rig his own party’s election and cheat his own former comrades in arms there is no question of him not doing even worse to the ordinary Zimbabweans whom he has always treated as subjects, not citizens worthy of the freedoms and human rights other people the world over take for granted.
The ruthlessness with which Mugabe and Mnangagwa have dealt with Mai Mujuru and others shows that they will stop at nothing to get power. If any ordinary Zimbabwean should dare stand in the way he or she will be mercilessly crashed into the dust.
The 34 years of mismanagement and corruption has resulted in total economic meltdown sending unemployment into nauseating heights of 90% plus, 16% or 2 million are already living in abject poverty. The situation it set to get even worse as long as Zanu PF remains in power. Mnangagwa and his faction, who are now set to take over from Mugabe will be more determined than ever to hang on to power at all cost. Mnangagwa will have the crown superglued to his head in a “Until death do us part!” oath.
So the scene is set with the millions of ordinary Zimbabweans in a desperate, desperate bid for political change to alleviate their tragic economic suffering on the one hand. On the other hand a newly crowned ruling elite desperate to maintain the status quo. The Zanu PF regime emerging from the on-going dog-eat-dog fight will be weaker numerically than the old Zanu PF but it will make-up for than in sheer ruthlessness.
In the clash of the titans, the ordinary defenceless Zimbabweans against Zanu PF it must be remembered it a murderous tyrannical regime we are dealing with! Mugabe and Mnangagwa took off the velvet glove hiding the iron fist to crash Mujuru, Gumbo and others; they will now using the fists to silence the populous groaning from the ill effects of the economic meltdown! To be forewarned is to be forearmed!