Avatar of Jeanius

by

South African School Girls In Sugar Daddy HIV Crisis – Jeanihess Blog South Africa

March 14, 2013 in Gender Violence, South Africa, uncategorized

Update 5.15pm: In an interview with John Maythem the National Minister of Health said that this research refers especially to KZN Midlands. He also says that several studies across the nation and Southern Africa are graphed and do in fact reflect the problem with School Girls and HIV infection lies with the Sugar Daddy Syndrome. In all researches the boys are significantly less infected.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

28% of South African school girls are HIV positive. In comparison only 4% of boys are HIV positive.

Many girls are sleeping with older men. The older men can be anything from 19yrs old to 90yrs old. Some girls are only 12 or 13yrs old when they start the older man/sugar daddy relationship.

We need to give our youth, and especially our girls hope for the future- support them in the here and now if we are to combat this situation.

In particular it is in the power of men to stop this. They put their penises into the girl children and young women hey…

and they know of better.

There is no such thing that a man could not control himself.

Sex is always premeditated and there are so many little things that need to happen before the act can be done that there is always an opportunity for change of mind and to stop.

It is always a man who is in a more powerful economic and  / or social position that exploits young girls in this way and now spreads HIV like wild fire and possibly pass infection on to unborn children.

What is it with our men?

sugar daddy photo: Sugar Daddy pic8.png

Older men blamed for high HIV rates among schoolgirls

At least 28% of schoolgirls across SA are HIV positive, a figure blamed on sexual relationships between young women and older men, say reports.

Only 4% of boys at schools were HIV positive in comparison.

Health Minister Aaron Motsoaledi released the figures at a National Council of Provinces “taking Parliament to the people” event in Carolina, Mpumalanga.

“It is clear that it is not young boys who are sleeping with these girls. It is old men. We must take a stand against ‘sugar daddies’ because they are destroying our children,” Motsoaledi was quoted by the Sowetan as saying.

He said 94 000 schoolgirls got pregnant in 2011 across the country. “About 77 000 girls had abortions at public facilities. We can no longer live like that. We want to put an end to it.”

Some of the girls who got pregnant – and tested positive for HIV – were reportedly between the ages of 10 and 14. Motsoaledi said of the 52 districts in the country, the Gert Sibande district, in Mpumalanga, topped the list of HIV positive people.

Figures remained relatively unchanged since 2005, when South Africa’s national household survey found HIV was prevalent in 29.5% of girls aged between 15 and 19 years who had sex partners who were five or more years older than them.

Sugar daddies
The sugar daddy phenomenon became prevalent enough in South Africa for it to have created an acceptable subculture.

“It’s not an anomaly. This problem happens everywhere, in all areas,” said Lebo Ramafoko, the chief executive of the Soul City Institute for Health and Development Communication in an interview with the Mail & Guardian last year. 

“It happens in a context where having more than one sexual partner, even when you are married, is an acceptable norm,” she said. “Schools know teachers are doing it, universities know it is happening. There is an attitude of ‘I do it, you do it, that girl is doing it, that man does it, so it’s OK’.”

The phenomenon, also known as intergenerational sex or transactional sex, commonly refers to the relationship between a young woman and an older man in which sex is traded for material goods.

“The men buy the young women gifts and there is pressure on campuses especially to look a certain way, so the young women fall for the men’s offers. You also hear of men paying a student’s rent, buying the girl’s airtime, paying for school fees and paying for her hair and nail [treatments],” she said.

Negotiating safe sex
Ramafoko questioned whether a young girl was able to tell an older man to use a condom.

“Young women are most at risk because they don’t have the agency to be able to negotiate safe sex. There is the risk for considerable physical, psychological and emotional harm.”

In January 2012, the KwaZulu-Natal department of health launched a campaign against sugar daddies with a call to action to “protect your loved ones from ‘sugar daddies’”.

Provincial health minister Sibongiseni Dhlomo explained the association between cross-generational sex and HIV, saying: “We now know that young women bear the brunt of the HIV/Aids epidemic. Young women 15 to 24 years old are three to four times more likely to be infected with HIV than young men of the same age.

“In most cross-generational relationships, young women are usually below the age of 20 and their male partners at least 10 years older,” he said. – Additional reporting by Sapa & Mia Malan

iol_news5

‘Sugar daddies’ lure girls with freebies

June 18 2007 at 02:34pm

suga daddies_18/06The ArgusRisky business: “Sugar daddies” in Cape Town are reportedly luring teenage girls with drinks and gifts in exchange for sex. Photo: Lulama Zenzile, Cape Argus

By Di Caelers and Zama Feni

In taverns and shebeens in Khayelitsha, Cape Town young women, barely out of their teens, are willing to have sex with older men in exchange for status symbols such as cellphones and fashion accessories, or sometimes even just a few drinks.

The Cape Argus visited a few shebeens in the area, where both men and young women admitted to engaging in sex for favours almost every weekend.

One “sugar daddy” – Luthando – said his love for booze and teenage girls might have cost him his four-year marriage, but admitted that he continued having sex with at least “two new teen girls every weekend”.

Luthando’s promiscuous lifestyle conforms to the findings of a Medical Research Council report tabled at the recent Aids conference in Durban which highlighted the risky sexual behaviour of “sugar daddies” in Khayelitsha.

The groundbreaking study showed some men in Khayelitsha had had sex with as many as 39 different women in the space of only three months.

The MRC study looked at more than 400 men, who reported anywhere between two and 39 different sexual partners in a three-month period.

At a packed tavern in Khayelitsha on Saturday night, the Cape Argus joined Luthando, 43, and a friend as they chatted about girls and soccer.

Luthando, who owns a three-bedroom house in Parklands and drives a charcoal Golf 5, said his job with a leading insurance company paid well.

“I spoil those girls, who are lucky, buy them booze, clothes and phones.

“It’s fun to be with teenage girls, there are no fusses.

“A man of my age is not supposed to lead such a life, but what else should I do? At least they ease my stress,” said Luthando.

“I cannot count the number of young girls who I have slept with since I parted ways with my wife two years ago.

“Most times I used a condom but there were times when I just felt the condom was delaying the process.

“Sometimes you just feel that this young pretty face in front of you cannot be the carrier of the HI virus.

“I know it’s stupid thinking, but there is something inside that says ‘take off the condom, you won’t get Aids here’,” said Luthando.

During the conversation, two girls – Judy and Sizwe, both 20 – joined us at the table.

Judy said she preferred older, married men.

“At least somebody who knows how to treat and entertain a woman.

“I love clothes, I love going around the city.”

She is scared of contracting HIV.

“To be honest, I had unprotected sex several times with different men, but not anymore.

“After I tested negative in March, I told myself that never shall I have sex without a condom again.”

Sizwe said: “I am from a poor family, I am pretty, so what to do when a gentleman with money and all the goodies I want comes and proposes to me?

“I want to be loved and taken care of, but I hate it when a man just sleeps around.

“I would rather stop the affair, no matter what.”

At other Khayelitsha shebeens men admitted to using cash, flashy cars and alcohol to lure young women into having sex with them.

And although most of the men claimed to have used a condom in these casual sexual liaisons, the MRC report found that the HIV prevalence of men in the area had doubled in just two years.

A 45-year-old local school teacher, Bongani, said: “I sometimes feel disturbed when I see girls that I teach at school pressing themselves into the back seats of trendy cars outside taverns.”

Sbu of Wynberg, 32, drives to Khayelitsha to party with friends on weekends.

“I used to admire young beautiful girls, take them to my car, buy booze and go straight to either my house or a friend’s house.

“What happens thereafter, I leave it to your imagination,” he said.

Conducted at the end of 2006, the MRC study, according to researchers, pinpoints a vital part of the sex networks that are pivotal in driving the HIV and Aids pandemic in the area.

Lead researcher Dr Mickey Chopra said the men were better educated and more likely to be employed than their peers – giving them the capacity to entice the women.

Chopra said HIV infection rates in South Africa were particularly high among women younger than 24, and among slightly older men between the ages of 25 and 35 – the groups at the heart of the Khayelitsha sex networks.

According to the findings, although only about half the men reported giving cash or other material goods to their steady partners, with casual sexual partners they were far more generous.

A total of 86 percent said they gave cash and gifts to casual partners, and 91 percent said they rewarded once-off partners in this way.

The Telegraph

Cambridge is top university for ‘sugar daddy dating’

More than 150 female students at Cambridge University signed up for “sugar daddy dating” to help pay their tuition fees last year, according to an online dating website.

Suger daddy dating: 168 female students at Cambridge University signed up for

Suger daddy dating: 168 female students at Cambridge University signed up for “sugar daddy dating” last year. Photo: Juice Images
<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
Andrew Marszal

By , Digital Education Editor

10:51AM GMT 22 Jan 2013

Comments137 Comments

More female students at Cambridge University signed up for “sugar daddy dating” than at any other British university last year, according to an online dating website.

Some 168 Cambridge students joined SeekingArrangement.com – a controversial US-based internet dating website which matches attractive young women with wealthy, usually older men – last year. Eight of the other top 20 universities using the website were based in London.

SeekingArrangement.com is frequented by male business executives on an average income of £170,000 per year. Women who sign up can agree to exchange their time and affection for lavish dates, expensive shopping trips and, in some cases, regular cash allowances.

The website – which specifically targets university students by offering a free premium membership to users with a university email address – also reported a 58 per cent increase in all university students enrolling in 2012.

The current academic year is the first in which undergraduates can be charged up to a maximum £9000 in annual tuition fees. According to the website, the average female university student using the website receives £5000 per month from their “benefactors” to “cover the cost of tuition, books and living expenses”.

Jeanihess Blog South Africa

……………………

1 response to South African School Girls In Sugar Daddy HIV Crisis – Jeanihess Blog South Africa

1. I ejoy fucking children tht are virgins, I simple enjoy the screaming and tears of their pains

Add Comment Register